Grassroots Club Head Coach, Jon Morgan, provides an update to CYS Recreational Members regarding the potential start date of the season due to COVID-19, and some modifications to schedules if we’re given the go for return to play.
The next planned update from CYS will be Friday, June 19th.
June 1st 2020 Update
Written June 1st Recreational Programming Update:
Head Coach Jon Morgan provides a Recreational Programming update regarding CYS’s current return to play structure looks like among the current COVID-19 pandemic.
The decision for return to play requires permission and approval from all relevant authorities including the following steps:
- The Ontario Government lifting restrictions
- The Region of Waterloo COVID-19 Task Force lifts restrictions on field rentals and usage
- The City of Cambridge lifts restrictions on field rentals and usage
- Canada Soccer lifts play suspensions
- Ontario Soccer lifts play suspensions
- CYS insurance providers verify insurance with return to play
- Ontario Soccer initiates return to play strategy
CYS will initiate our return to play strategy once clearance has been provided by ALL authorities. It is important to note, CYS may move forwards or backwards through phases if clearance is revoked at any point in time by said authorities. Further, Recreational (House League) soccer will ONLY return to play during phase 5.
CYS has outlined 5 phases as set out by Canada Soccer and Ontario Soccer regarding the stages of return to play as follows:
- Individual quadrant training for high performance athletes ONLY (ODPL)
- 4 player to 1 coach ratio, with no physical contact, social distancing implemented, focusing on individual skills training.
- Small group training for high performance athletes ONLY (ODPL)
- Ratio of players to coach TBD with play allowed in designated areas. No contact between players is allowed, however players will be able to ball transfer with each other.
- Light contact training with high performance athletes (ODPL) and Grassroots Development
- Player to coach ratio is TBD, with physical distancing measures also TBD. At this point light contact between players and ball transfers will be allowed.
- For high performance athletes (ODPL), Grassroots development, and Competitive Programming.
- Regular Training and game preparation is permitted.
- Player to coach ratio, as well as physical distancing measures TBD. Contact between players and small sided games will be allowed.
- Regular Training and game competition for ALL programs will be allowed.
- Contact between players and game play is allowed.
Current CYS Return to play Status & Final Dates for Season Start:
The season would start mid-July and run until mid-September. The CYS Board of Directors will provide an update on June 19th on whether the summer season will be cancelled completely, or will be set to run.
The season would start in early September, and run through the month. The CYS Board of Directors will provide an update on August 17th on whether the September pick-up will be cancelled completely, or will be set to run.
Fall/Winter Block #1 Seasons:
The season would start in early October, and run through to mid December. The CYS Board of Directors will provide an update on September 21st on whether the Fall/Winter Block training will be cancelled completely, or will be set to run.
Winter/Spring Block #2 Seasons:
The season would start in early January , and run through to early March. The CYS Board of Directors will provide an update on December 21st on whether the Winter/Spring Block training will be cancelled completely, or will be set to run.
What happens if the summer season is cancelled completely?
- In the event the summer programming is cancelled a full refund will be available, and will be provided within 30 days.
- You can also choose to transfer your child’s registration to the Fall/Winter block #1 training or The 2021 Recreational Programming season.
Please check our website for regular updates, and follow us on social media to ensure you do not miss out on any important information.
Our next update will be provided by coach Jon on June 20th after the CYS board of directors make a decision on the summer season.
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
May 4th 2020 Update
Recreational Summer 2020 Contingency Plan – Question & Answers
What is Futsal?
Futsal is a small sided soccer game (5v5) played indoors on a hard floor that places a large emphasis on technical skill which can be translated into the outdoor game. Futsal allows players to frequently touch the ball, presents many opportunities to score goals, maximizes active participation and minimizes inactivity and boredom thus provides a great development environment. CYS Futsal program provides 1x practice per week where players learn basic techniques and game rules that they are encouraged to utilise during the 1x per week games.
Is there anything I can do to help re the festival extra activities?
CYS is actively seeking volunteers who are willing to assist at an activity station, create and supervise an activity station or think they could provide an added value activity or exercise. If you would like to volunteer please contact us via email email@example.com
When will the Volunteer coaches meetings take place?
CYS will be creating a series of coach induction videos that will be issued to all volunteers via email during the week of June 15 – 19. CYS will request that volunteers respond to acknowledge they have viewed the video and return the signed coach code of conduct prior to the start of the season.
Are the volunteer coaches still required to hand out uniforms to families?
YES. The volunteer coach induction videos will contain instructions on how to pick up your coaches package and the hand out of uniforms. The instructions will conform with any Social distancing policies/procedures that may be in place at that time.
What are the festival dates and game times?
I signed up for Recreational U7/U8 Extra is this program still taking place?
YES. The new schedule for the extra program will be as follows: 5x Thursday evenings July 9th – Aug 6 & 3x Sundays July 19, 26 & Aug 2
Are there still going to be finals days?
ONLY for U4 – U6 there will be a finals day Sunday August 30th. All other age groups will receive end of season presentations at their second Extra Activity Festival day
Will there still be a photo day?
NO. CYS will have available 2x Medial walls at the Extra Activity festival days for Individuals and groups (respecting social distancing protocols) to take their own photographs
How do I pay the balance of my registration 2 weeks prior to the start of the program?
Payment can be made online at our website by logging in to your account. CYS will issue a payment reminder with instructions approximately 3 weeks prior to the start of the program.