OPDL Assistant Coach Application
Position Status: Part time/contract
Location: Cambridge, Ontario
Reports to: General Manager and Technical Director
Start Date: January 1 – December 31, 2020
Job Title: OPDL Head Coach
Cambridge Youth Soccer is seeking Assistant Coaches for Boys and Girls U13, U14 and U15 Teams that will be fielded for the 2020 season.
Cambridge Youth Soccer Background
A not-for-profit organization founded in 1973 run by a volunteer board of Directors. Affiliated with Canada Soccer, Ontario Soccer, WRSL, and SWRSA. Committed to developing player’s technical soccer skills, as well as their sportsmanship, through offering a variety of programs. Offer indoor and outdoor soccer programs for recreational and competitive teams.
The OPDL is a standard-based, high performance youth league that combines top-level competition with performance development and training standards.The OPDL is the mechanism for inclusion into the Provincial Program. Players begin to be monitored by Ontario Soccer staff at the U13 level. CYS has been an OPDL License Holder since 2018. Currently run u13 and u14 Girls and Boys teams.
The chosen candidates will work under the guidance of the club’s Performance Manager and Technical Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and deliver the technical and tactical coaching program (practice sessions). (3 sessions per week)
- Utilize coaching resources and software to help plan and manage training sessions and game play (CYS will provide access to Hudl – video analysis, sportsessionplanner, and Teamsnap)
- Coach and travel with the team to all competitions
- Liaise with other coaches in CYS to identify and promote the OPDL Program
Competencies and Skills Required
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Possess a minimum of a C License
- A clear understanding of the soccer environment in Ontario
- Support and promote Ontario Soccer Long-term Player Development Plan (LTPD)
- Responsible for the safety and welfare of all players under your care
- Extensive knowledge of the game
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication and time management skills
Will be based upon qualifications and experience.
Please submit resume, application form and proof of highest qualification earned.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 29, 2019
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates may submit their application to Darren Tilley, Technical Director email@example.com